The UniVirtual Experience’s Infinity Sponsor, HP and HP Education, helped make the UniVirtual Experience in May 2021 possible. They’ve sweetened the deal by offering 8 headsets for us to giveaway!!!
As mentioned in our previous article on HP Virtual Reality and HP Higher Education, the HP Reverb G2, valued at USD $600 (493 Euro), is a game-changing VR headset with what HP calls no-compromise features for high-end usage including:
- High quality resolution, mura-free 2160×2160 LCD panels per eye with 114-degree field of view and 90Hz refresh rate.
- Fully immersive spatial audio with speakers designed by Valve.
- Flexible material and incrased cushion size with lenses adjustable to different eye distances for a custom, comfortable fit.
- Lighter VR headset weight at 1.21 lbs (0.55 kg).
- Four cameras build into the headset with no external sensors required to track movement no matter how extreme.
- Smaller, more ergonomic designed controllers that are more natural and comfortable to hold onto and use.
- Includes a 6 meter cable for a comfortable tethered experience.
- Compatible with SteamVR, Windows Mixed Reality, and acess to the a wide range of content and platforms, including AltspaceVR & Engage.
- Requires PC computer with Windows 10 May 2019 Update installed with Intel Core i5, i7 or better equivalent, 8+ GB RAM, DisplayPort 1.3, USB 3.0 C port, DX12 capable graphics, and graphics cards NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080, AMD Radeon RX 5700, or equivalent or better for full resolution use.
In a few hours in AltspaceVR, Lorelle VanFossen will host the Teaching the Teachers event with Matt Gaiser of HP to discuss the impact of the HP Reverb G2 headset and immersive technology on education. Thursday, Matt Gaiser and HP experts will discuss the HP Omnicept headset edition in AltspaceVR and how this new high-end, eye movement and pulse tracking headset will not just change education but VR research and training.
Also check out the virtual version of the HP Reverb G2 headset in our Exhibit Hall and the HP exhibit booths for more information. The UniVirtual Experience Exhibit Hall will be open:
Check the UniVirtual Experience Schedule for details and here for more news and updates.
TO ENTER THE DRAWING
We will be giving away two of the HP Reverb G2 headsets at UniVirtual – HP Reverb G2 Raffle & ‘Over and Out’ Ceremony in ENGAGE, May 29, 2021 at 2PM PST / 5PM EST / 11PM UK / Midnight CET. You must be present to win.
The others winners will be selected from our Educators in VR Discord > UniVirtual channel. To enter:
- In the EDVR UniVirtual channel ONLY, upload photographs from the UniVirtual Experience events you’ve attended.
- AND/OR share a story or testimonial about your UniVirtual Experience.
- DEADLINE: Sunday, May 30, 2021, at 9AM PST / noon EST / 5PM UK / 6PM CET.
We will randomly select winners from those posts and contacting you directly. The more you post, the greater your chances at winning.
NOTE: By participating, you are giving Educators in VR and Virtual World Society rights to use your images, stories, and testimonials for marketing. If you do not wish to participate in the drawing but wish to share your images and stories of your UniVirtual Experience, you may use the Discussion-Area channel or social media with the #UniVirtual hashtag.
Educators in VR and the Virtual World Society and our communities want to thank HP Virtual Reality and HP Higher Education for their generosity and support of the UniVirtual Experience. We’re also excited about the HP Education discounts offered to schools and educators in support of education.
For more information, check out these amazing headsets and learn more about how HP Virtual Reality is the right fit for your class, school, or training center at HP Higher Education.