Table of Contents
Educators in VR is An open, global, cross-platform community of educators, researchers, and trainers exploring and collaborating with and in virtual and augmented reality. Educators in VR is the connective tissue between academia and businesses in the VR education industry. Our members come from around the world including Canada, UK, United States, Australia, Venezuela, Brazil, UAE, Germany, The Netherlands, Ireland, Scotland, France, Spain, Korea, Singapore, and the Philippines.
Educators in VR is dedicated to providing educational events, trainings, and workshops for educators and learners to prepare them for the future of spatial technologies in education. We offer weekly workshops, socials, and special events in AltspaceVR, ENGAGE, and other platforms featuring key educators, trainers, and developers in VR, AR, XR, and MR technology and education.
In development are programs to expand Educators in VR into a training and partnership program to provide certification for VR instruction, consulting regional representatives to provide training and consultation on VR education, funding, and partnerships, a partnership and affiliate programs connecting educators and academia with corporate partners, corporate training programs, and opportunities for educators well-versed and experienced in immersive education to offer curriculum packages and kits for sharing or sale through our Educators in VR store, coming soon.
|Genuinely never witnessed so much energy behind the organisation of an event as the upcoming @EducatorsVR International Summit. Phenomenal. Textbook delegation of tasks, top-drawer training and continually-updated cloud files with instructions for organisers, speakers, mods & volunteers.
Michael McDonald, GoldLotus, Ltd.
We have many ideas flowing on how to bring together educators, researchers, trainers, and businesses to build bridges toward the future of immersive education. Join us. It’s free and open to educators, learners, researchers, trainers, and institutions with a vested interest in the virtual world.
Join our Educators in VR Discord group, Facebook, and follow us on Twitter for information on meetups and how to become more involved. Consider subscribing to our Educators in VR event subscription channel to receive regular reminders of upcoming events there. We publish member brags and news you can use about virtual reality in education across the entire spectrum of usage from childhood education to health and science to corporate.
Educators in VR Team Projects are lead by experts in their field of study and interest and are designed to bring together others passionate about these topics and the spatial technologies and industries represented. We have team projects on language learning arts, virtual coaching and self-development, math, science, cultural heritage preservation, and so much more. We’d love for you to be involved and maybe lead your own team project.
Consider joining one of our many team projects, and if you have the time, consider becoming a volunteer and support Educators in VR activities and events. If you would like to present at one of our weekly workshops, please submit your speaker’s proposal to us. If you have questions or need more information, please contact us or connect with one of our many social media channels.
If you would like to attend one of our events and don’t have a VR device, or not sure if the one you have will work, don’t worry. We have you covered with our guide on How to Attend an Educators in VR Event.
Join our Educators in VR Discord group, Facebook, and follow us on Twitter for information on workshops and how to become more involved. Consider subscribing to our Educators in VR event subscription channel to receive regular reminders of upcoming events there. We publish member brags and news you can use about virtual reality in education across the entire spectrum of usage from childhood education to health and science to corporate.
Media and Event Coverage
- VR Takes the Stage as Conferences Cancel – Forbes
- Voices of VR Podcast with Kent Bye – Educators in VR – Meetups and Virtual Conferences
- 2020 Educators in VR International Summit February 17–22, 2020 in Social VR: AltspaceVR, ENGAGE, rumii, Hubs and Somnium Space – Medium by Andy Fidel
- HTC Announces First-Ever Virtual Industry Conference In Response To Coronavirus – VRScout
- Lessons Learned from the Educators in VR Conference – Ryan Schultz
- Laval Virtual’s Emerging Worlds Conference, June 2020 – Lorelle VanFossen, co-founder of Educators in VR, presenting on panel of expert virtual conference producers on the impact of VR conferences
- Virtual Reality Platforms for Online Virtual Events in Education — VR/AR Association – The VRARA
- 6 Day Conference Held in Virtual Reality – Suzanne Showcasing VR
- Meeting Up in VR with Educators in VR – CyborNow
- Gearing Up for the 2020 Educators in VR Summit, with Daniel Dyboski-Bryant and Lorelle VanFossen – XR for Learning Podcast
- @AndyFidel and the #2020EdinVr Educators in VR International Summit Launch – Threader
- Press release: iLRN partners with Educators in VR to host the 6th Annual iLRN Conference fully online in virtual reality, June 21–25, 2020 – Immersive Learning Research Network
- Learning to samba and other takeaways from my first virtual research conference, iLRN 2020 (produced by Educators in VR) – LinkedIn
- Could the convergence of Mixed Reality, Robots and Social Networks be the future of hybrid attendance and participation in conferences and other gathering events? – IEEE Future Directions
- Getting Social with VR Education – VR Focus
- Educators in VR Speaking at AWE 2019
- Educators in VR Featured on AltspaceVR Community Spotlight
- Educators in VR meets VCARA – Virtual Worlds in Education
- VRX2019 Conference – Amsterdam
- Educators in VR Meetup in Altspace by The Virtual Reality Podcast
- Educators in VR Conference 2020 – The Virtual Reality Podcast
- Michael Zhang on Twitter: The Impact of the 2020 Educators in VR International Summit
- A Real Conference in a Virtual World – LinkedIn
The Educators in VR Team
Daniel is a lifelong educator from a family of educators and speaks 5 languages. He is a trainer, speaker and consultant of VR in Education with clients including schools, colleges, universities, design teams, training companies, councils and private individuals.
Daniel Dyboski-Bryant co-founded Educators in VR with Lorelle VanFossen, an open global, cross-platform network of learners, teachers, trainers, and researchers meeting, learning and collaborating in and with VR. They are developing programs and projects to democratize education using virtual reality through partnerships, sponsorships, and grant programs world-wide.
In his daytime job Daniel is the Project Lead for Exploring VR in Further Education, Remote Learning and Language, ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages) Lecturer, and Trainer at Coleg Llandrillo, Grwp Llandrillo-Menaia in North Wales UK.
Daniel was honored with the 2019 INSPIRE Award for Best Tutor in Wales – Adult Community Learning.
Lorelle VanFossen is a keynote, trainer, writer, and consultant on web writing, digital storytelling, content curation, social media, and blogging, especially working with WordPress and virtual reality. Called a digital evangelist, on Lorelle on WordPress she writes and teaches more than you may want to know about how all this social publishing business stuff works.
Lorelle offers training programs on digital storytelling and web publishing for a variety of businesses, schools, universities, associations, non-profits, and government agencies globally, in person and virtually. She’s taught over 1000 classes, workshops, and events in AltspaceVR, the popular virtual reality social platform, presenting programs on education in virtual reality, creative writing, VR training, and family history. She is a founding member of the Educators in VR meetup in AltspaceVR. She built the first museum in AltspaceVR, the Family History Museum, and has built worlds and hosted events that attract hundreds of visitors and participants.
Donna McTaggart keeps Educators in VR events and productions running smoothly. Changing titles from project to project, she is our event coordinator, conference manager, project manager, and production manager – okay, she is the director of production or whatever title feels right as she is all of these and so much more. Few people are as expert in producing events, workshops, conferences, meetups, even classes, in VR.
Founder of the company, KAOS, Donna has over twenty years experience working with small, international businesses to provide accounting and operational software solutions and implementation services including training, consulting, and mentoring of Microsoft Office products and other office software. She is the co-founder of the Social Media Breakfast in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, and continues to lead this group over the past 10 years.
She is a long time volunteer, coordinator, and get-things done leader with Calgary events and activities as well as a leader and member of the VRARA Alberta group, Educators in VR, Virtual World Society, and many other non-profit and social good organizations.