Educators in VR is busier than ever as the world stays self-isolated, working from home, reaching out to virtual reality and Educators in VR to help provide resources, consulting, and training on producing and hosting virtual events in VR.
This past month found us busier than ever as we moved from the success of the 2020 Educators in VR International Summit into consulting, training, and production support for schools, governments, businesses, and conferences changing from real-world to virtual.
We also had a very successful first-ever 24 Hour English Lesson and fundraiser with Michael McDonald of Gold Lotus, an Educators in VR sponored and produced event that raised over 2,000 Euro for Red Cross Italy Lecce and had hundreds of attendees across 3 virtual platforms in those 24 hours. Well done, Michael!
In addition to our regularly weekly Educators in VR workshops on Tuesdays in AltspaceVR, we have special events, open discussions, and great news for you. We’ve also updating our Educators in VR events calendar on Google to help you find all our events across multiple platforms, including our Educators in VR AltspaceVR channel. For a look at all the events across the VR metaverse, check out the VR Events by VRevents.io.
Educators in VR Workshops and Trainings
Tuesday Weekly Workshops: We meet in AltspaceVR and the workshops are free and open to the public.
- April 7 – Educators in VR 101: New to VR and considering teaching in VR? This is a basic introduction to VR, AR, and XR, terminology, hardware, and the things you need to know.
- April 14 – Workshop: XR Access Panel with Daniel Dyboski-Bryant, Joel Ward, Dylan Fox, and Devin Boyle exploring the tools and challenges of accessibility in XR.
- April 21 – Virtual World Society: Tom Furness discussing the Virtual World Society projects, partnerships, and the future of education and the Virtual World Society.
- April 28 – Immersive Classroom: Medical & COVID-19: An introduction to the concept of teaching and learning in an immersive virtual classroom and world, and an exploration of educational worlds in AltspaceVR focused on COVID-19 and medical and healthcare education.
Training Workshops: Educators in VR is dedicated to providing training programs and workshops for educators, learners, researchers, and anyone interested in creating educational events in VR. The workshops are a combination of free introductory programs and paid workshops.
- April 3 – How to Produce a Virtual Conference in VR in AltspaceVR (Free)
- April 8 – Speaker 101 Training in AltspaceVR (Free)
- April 10 – How to Produce a Virtual Conference in AltspaceVR (Free)
- April 14 – Host and Moderator Training 101 in AltspaceVR (Free)
- April 16 – Speaker 101 Training in AltspaceVR (Free)
- April 17 – How to Produce a Virtual Conference in AltspaceVR (Free)
- April 21 – How to Produce a Virtual Conference in AltspaceVR (Free)
- April 22 – Speaker 101 Training in AltspaceVR (Free)
- April 30 – Speaker 101 Training in AltspaceVR (Free)